Popular Garage Renovation Ideas
If you're planning to update your home or any part of it for the purpose of increasing living space and your property value or just increasing stroage space, then look no further than a garage renovation. It doesn’t matter if you add an elegant new floor and garage door or a highly efficient storage system; this often underutilized part of your home can become a major asset of your home. Many families wait to remodel their garage until they decide to sell. That is a great idea if you want the house to sell faster and at a great price, but why not consider a garage renovation now so you can enjoy it too? Let’s have a look at some effective garage renovation ideas.
1. Storage Organizaton Systems: Apart from parking your vehicles, one of the most important attributes of your garage is that it's often one of the largest rooms of the house and therefore offers many options for creating more storage space. An active family’s garage needs a storage and organization system for sports equipment, camping gear, hobby supplies, workshop tools, bulk household items and garden tools. A combination of cabinets, overhead storage racks, workbenches and slatwall can solve every family's challenge of making the garage work for them.
2. New Garage Door and Opener: Another item that will improve the curb appeal of your home is a new garage door and opener. Is your garage door sagging and cracking, almost impossible to lift? Or is it just generally falling apart? If so, now is the time to replace it with a new door that's easy to operate and maintain. Not only can a new garage door and opener provide safe, secure, easy access to your garage, but — as one of your house's most visible elements — it can renew and refresh your home's appearance. Your garage options are;
- Glass Panel
Selecting the right garage door and opener has plusses beyond beautifying your home … there is also safety, security, energy savings and home automation benefits to consider.
3. New Flooring: One of the best and easiest ways to make your garage look attractive, clean and elegant is to install a new floor. Apart from aesthetical aspects, this will also help you to protect your garage floor from spills, leaks, chipping and cracking, and what’s more, the new surface is much easier to clean as well. There are various grades of flooring solutions to provide homeowners with a sigh of relief and a beautiful, durable garage floor.
The most popular options are:
- Stains and Clear Coats (least expensive)
- Rubber Flooring Tiles
- Hybrid Polymer Flooring - Liquid Granite (most popular)
- Grind, Patch and Polish Concrete (most expensive)
4. Transform your garage into an entertainment space: Now, this is a very popular garage renovation idea. As you may already know that garage is one of the most spacious rooms of your home, you can easily convert it into an entertainment room. You can include big screen TV, pinball machine, foosball table, pool table, treadmill, weights or you can even set up refridgerator and wet bar in your garage.
5. Create a home office: With the advent of the internet, more and more people prefer to work from home these days. Whether you need a quiet place you call your own, a work center to get things done, you'll need order, organization and a space for your files, equipment and supplies that allows you to do what you need to do with ease and comfort. Once you install new flooring, lighting and install drywall and insulation, you just need to add a desk, filing cabinets, shelves, a phone line, computer and Internet access, and then your very own private office space is ready for you.
6. Make it your personal gym: Another garage renovation idea is to convert your it into a home gym. Just include a treadmill, free weights, exercise bike and a yoga mat. You can further enhance your garage gym by adding a terrific sound system, wall mounted flat panel television and some good workout DVD’s.
Now you have a few good garage renovation ideas that can improve the quality of your daily routine and enhance your home's real estate value. So start dreaming of how you want to renovate your garage.